US Army handbattle training
05/04/2019 The SSTT Center “SEAL” successfully conducted a theoretical and practical training “US Army hand-to-hand combat. Yesterday Today Tomorrow'.
In which took part more than 20 instructors and adherents of army hand-to-hand combat from Poltava, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, and Kryvyi Rih.
At the training, the participants clearly examined how the system for the application of cold steel protection is being developed using the example of the basic installation of the US Army - FM-3-25-250, conducted a comparative analysis of this system with the Marine Corps and Special Operations Forces, mastered and strengthened the practical skills of using weapons in hand-to-hand combat.
The training program included the following topics:
I. An example of the formulation and solution of the issue of the development of hand-to-hand combat as an example of one of the conferences held under the auspices of the Command of the Ground Forces (theory);
II. Overview and comparison of sections of the FM 3-25-250 installation from 1990, 2001 and 2017:
1. "The mast-frame-hook" set of actions as a reactive response to an attack on an employee in the yellow/orange sector (practice);
2. A review of the basics of actions with a knife (theory);
3. Using an assault rifle as a cold weapon (practice);
4. Actions against attacks with weapons (knife and rifle) with bare hands (theory);
5. Actions when trying to take possession of the main weapon — automatic in the red sector (practice);
6. Group-to-group battle tactics;
7. Actions when trying to seize additional weapons in the stalls (practice);
8. Examples of situational training - cases at the checkpoint and during the 'cleaning' of the room (practice);
1. General trends in the development of the army of the American RB;
2. Comparison with colleagues' systems — MCMAP (Marine Corps) and SOCP (УСН);
3. Advantages and disadvantages of the existing system of US hand-to-hand fight of the United States Army.
To summarize, we note that the training was informative, effective and, as the participants in the training themselves noted, it was a driving one. Each of the training participants emphasized a high level of structured presentation of material, combined with practice.
The SSTT Center “SEAL” thanks to all the participants for the trust and choice of our Center for training.